Posted by admin | Posted in Eyes, Health Info, Treatment | Posted on 09-11-2013
This is a chronic problem that women suffer more. Low tear production in menopause appears most frequently and hormonal therapies substitute where estrogen increase its incidence.
Risk of excessive dryness
When the eye effectively produces no or tears composition is inappropriate, it cannot properly distribute moisture, causing the dry eye syndrome.
This condition may also eventually lead to a change in the view, damaging the surface of the eye, due to the occurrence of ulcers or cornea infection.
- Do not worry, if symptoms are sporadic, but if it becomes commonplace occurrence of these symptoms, you need to see a doctor.
- Poor vision
- continuous flashing
- Pain, discomfort with contact lenses
- excessive sensitivity to light
- itching and redness
- burning sensation
- Spend much time under the influence of snuff smoke pollution or dry environment or with fans.
- Some medications reduce tear, such as diuretics, beta blockers, antihistamines, tranquilizers, birth control, anxiety, etc …
- diseases such as diabetes, or autoimmune
- Abuse of the lenses
- diet low in omega-3 fatty acids
- refractive surgery corneal
Treatment depends on the degree you have reached the ailment.
You usually have to resort to artificial tears and lubricating ointment seek function in environments with higher humidity.
Another option is to block the channel through the tear flowing into the nose so that it remains in the eye longer.